BXB • Bi-Directional buffer system
Areas of application
- Balance production output between equipments whenever they experience cycle differences and/or scheduled and non-scheduled stoppages.
- Balance indexing to continuous processes and vice versa.
- Lightweight containers with different geometries.
- Minimum changeover for different size products.
- First In Random Out (FIRO).
- See the Ancillary Equipment section.
- Your accessory: give us your requirements, we will custom-design it at affordable prices.
- Dynamic control: the Bi-directional buffer changes speeds according to the requirements of the line, maximizing buffer capacity.
- Aligner unit: aligns the product into its proper orientation.
- Frame material: stainless steel 304, gage 12.
- Frame finish: polished to a #4 finish.
- Weld finish: continuous heli-arc welds, grounded and polished.
- Reducer: direct-mount, vent-free aluminum alloy housing.
- Bearings: four-bolt flange bearings, permanently lubricated.
- Belt slide rail: UHMW polyethylene wearstrips.
- Belt: thermoplastic (Acetal) chain.
- Sprockets: reinforced polyamide.
- Supports: stainless steel 1-½” square tubing with XAFS 15 VH ground base.
- Mechanical specifications are subject to change without prior notification.
Buffer analysis requirements
- AutoPak will conduct a mathematical analysis to evaluate the efficiency impact on your packing line; contact us.
- Product specifications: length, width, height, weight and line speed for each product.
- Motor package: refer to conveyor components section on page XCC 88.
- Product material specifications: plastic (HDPE, PET, etc), glass, corrugated carton, press carton, etc.
- Buffer time required.
- Space available.
- Custom application: contact factory for assistance.
BXB • Bi-directional buffer system